This latest episode of Australian Property Journal’s Talking Property is brought to you by MaxCap Group.
IN this latest episode of Australian Property Journal’s Talking Property, APJ’s Nelson Yap talks to Michael Nitschke, State Director QLD at MaxCap Group, about rising interest rates and the impact on the Queensland lending and development markets, and the outlook.
- An interest rate hike cycle is underway, how does that impact the project financing debt markets and impact project viability?
- What is happening across the major regions in Queensland?
- Which sectors and markets are developers targeting?
- Queensland has enjoyed the fastest population growth in two decades during COVID, boosting the residential property market. Is the apartment market facing severe undersupply? Will this spur demand for Build-To-Rent?
- Construction costs, labour shortages, supply chain constraints are some of the major challenges, what can developers do to mitigate these risks?
- And the road to the Olympics.