IN this latest episode of Australian Property Journal’s Talking Property, APJ’s Nelson Yap talks to Bill McWilliams, Chief Investment Officer of MaxCap Group, about commercial real estate (CRE) finance and non-bank lending.
- Bill discusses what has happened over the past 18 months in the CRE finance market.
- What trends will emerge over the 12 months for the CRE lending markets, which sectors are developers attracted to?
- Will financing for build-to-rent projects take off this year?
- Which sectors, geographical, CRE lifecycle and lending opportunities.
- What are the risks for the year ahead? The recent collapse of Probuild has highlighted the risks of construction price escalations, what are developers and lenders looking out for? How are they assessing the feasibility and stress testing projects?
- Increasing number of developers are paying attention to Social and Community Housing, a sector which is attracting billions of dollars in investments from various state governments. Is it easier to fund these projects from a lenders point of view?